Do you know? Among the total foreign students residing in Canada for education, the Indian students population is 34%, which is a huge proportion. So, from this, we can postulate that there is a large population of Indian students who prefer Canada to pursue their education.
But students who are desiring to study abroad, also need to see the eligibility criteria, their IELTS score, and all types of resources needed like financial resources. You need to research all about it before applying for a visa and IELTS examination. To apply for a Visa there is the requirement of some documents that are mandatory to submit in the application form.
Canada Student Visa Process
Fulfilling your dream to pursue your education in Canada may seem easy, but it is not as easy as it looks like. You need to apply for a visa to move to Canada. And you need to fulfill the requirements asked for the Canada visa. You should also know, for whom the visa is not required so that you can apply accordingly to get entry into the country at the right time. So, here is the mandatory steps that you need to keep in mind while applying for the visa process:-
1. Get Acceptance from a University in Canada
Before starting with the visa application process you need to choose the university that you want to get into. Once you have decided you have to apply for admission to the university and get your application accepted. When you are accepted by the Canadian university you will get an acceptance offer letter, which you need to submit while you are applying for Visa.
2. Confirm if You need to Apply for a Canada Student Visa
Before applying for the visa you need to see whether you need a visa or not. Students on whom the following situation is applied, those students don’t need a students visa-
- You are a family member or a staff member of a person who is a foreign representative in Canada. And he/ she is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada.
- Or you are enrolling in a course or an education program that has a duration of fewer than six months.
- Visiting Forces Acts allow the member of foreign armed forces to enter without a visa.
- If you have Indian status registered in Canada, even if you are a citizen of another country.
3. Collect Your Documents for Application
You will need various documents to submit and to get your visa application approved. The various documents that you need to have are:-
- Proof of Acceptance:- You will need the acceptance letter from the university.
- Proof of Fund:- Important to let the government know that you have sufficient financial resources for tuition fees and living expenses. The minimum bank balance for Canada student visas mandatory to have is 5,00,000 to stay every year. And if you are specifically going to study in Quebec then the minimum bank balance should be 6,00,000, excluding the requirement for tuition fees.
- Valid Passport:- Your passport should be valid till the time you stay in the country.
- Person Documents:- Keep your personal documents handy so that you can upload them all together.
4. Initiate Your Application for Student Canada Visa
Once you have got your acceptance letter from your university then you can start the application for a visa. Steps for the Canada visa are:-
- You can visit the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) to apply for a visa.
- Submit the documents asked to complete the application process, and if you are not able to submit it due to any reason you need to send it by post.
- Then submit your acceptance letter from your university.
- You are also required to submit the proof of financial resources that gives confidence to the Canadian government for your capability to pay the tuition fees and living expenses.
- Submit the proof about your zero criminal records.
- You also need to submit the medical certificate that proves that you are in good sound.
5. Enrol Yourself in the English Proficiency Test
To see your English proficiency you have to score good marks in IELTS/TOEFL, which are the exams used by institutes to evaluate your English Proficiency. See the minimum score requirement for IELTS conveyed by the Canadian government and try to achieve equal to or more than the specified score.
6. Biometrics Appointment and Interview
Candidates may be required to visit the Visa application centre in your country to give the biometrics details for the further process. For this, you require a fee to be paid for the biometrics done.
Canada Student Visa Fees in Indian Rupees
To apply for the Canada study visa, you need to secure a budget for its application fees as well. So Canada student visa fees in India rupees, which costs around C$125, when converted from CAD to INR it costs around INR 4,700 which they need to pay when they have completed the Student visa application process. This is important to know because you need to budget all your expenses when you are thinking to move abroad to pursue your education. In such a case you can’t skip, to calculate all the expenses that you have to bear. You can further research the breakdown of the fees for better clarity.
It is suggested that you do your homework right and know all about what is the Canada student visa fee in India rupees or what is the Canada student visa process. Follow a structure of the process that you need to complete, like first, you need to get the acceptance letter, then you need to fill the application form of a Canada visa, and then you have to give the IELTS examination which evaluates the English proficiency of a person. To get even better guidance and for a smoother process click here.