The International English Language Testing System also known as IELTS is an English Language Proficiency Test, usually taken by students planning to migrate English speaking countries such as The UK, Australia or Canada from natively non – English speaking countries. The British Council and IDP jointly manage the International English Language Testing System Exam.
The International English Language Testing System exam will take place in March as planned. Most students have been waiting for the IDP IELTS exam dates for some time now and students can view the exact dates released by IDP below.
What is the Importance of International English Language Testing System?
One question that many students ask about the International English Language Testing System while preparing for the exam is whether appearing in the International English Language Testing System is worthwhile? The reason is simple. International English Language Testing System is a standardized exam, and more than multiple organizations globally trust International English Language Testing System. The exam is recognized by Multinational Corporations, governments of states, professional bodies and educational institutes everywhere in the world.
Governments in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, The United Kingdom and other European Countries use IELTS as a benchmark and your score in IELTS is considered while processing your visa requests. With the help of IELTS, you will be able to improve your language skills and you will also have a better knowledge of English than you will ever need.
What are the Different IELTS exam Types?
An applicant can choose an exam out of the two options available, the IELTS Academic Test or International English Language Testing System General Training exam. You can choose the exam depending on your career goals and what are the requirements of your employers or University.
IELTS Academic: This exam measures the English proficiency needed to meet your academic requirements. It assesses the multiple aspects of your English Knowledge and evaluates whether you are ready to begin studying in a primarily English speaking environment.
International English Language Testing System General Training: This test measures your English in proficiency in day to day situations. The exams and the questions asked in the General Training exam are similar to the questions asked in social and workplace situations.
How to Apply for the International English Language Testing System Test?
There are two ways in which the International English Language Testing System exam is conducted, the first being computer-based, and the second is in pen and paper mode. Applicants can choose to take the exam in any format. You can choose either one according to your own preference. You need to choose the exam type while you are applying on the website or the registered International English Language Testing System centre.
You can choose any of the different exam offered by the International English Language Testing System while applying for the exam:
- The training International English Language Testing System exam which is either paper-based or computer-delivered.
- You can also choose any life skills course available on the website.
- There is a different exam type for UK visas and immigration. You can either choose a computer-based or pen – paper.
What is the Application Process?
You can either book an International English Language Testing System exam online or you can visit the nearest registered IDP or British Council Branch to book an exam offline. You can follow the below-mentioned step – by – step process to apply for the International English Language Testing System exam:
- Visit either the IELTS IDP India website or the British Council Website
- Click on the ‘Register for IELTS’ tab
- Select your preferred mode of a test – either paper-based test or computer-based test
- Select either one of the IELTS, Life Skills (A1 or B1) test or, International English Language Testing System for UK Visa.
- Select your desired test type – General Training or Academic for International English Language Testing System, A1 or B1 for life skills or the International English Language Testing System for UKVI
- Pick your desired test city and test centre of your choice.
- Select the date and time slot as per your preference
- After completing these steps you will see a list of dates available and you can choose as per your preference.
- Fill the required details and submit your application online or offline.
- You must submit a scanned copy of your valid passport to complete the registration process.
- Pay the test fee according to your test type.
IELTS March Dates 2021
The IELTS exam 2021 will be conducted all in various parts of India such as Amritsar, Jaipur, Delhi and Mumbai. The IELTS test dates in March Are as follows:
- The computer-based test is available thrice daily, for 7 days a week. You need to register for the test at least a week before.
- The test dates for the pen and paper academic test in March are 4th, 13th and 27th of March at most centres. The Mumbai and Ahmedabad centres also have 20th of March available.
- The pen and paper general test only on the 4th, 13th and 27th of March This month.
The International English Language Testing System exam fees for International English Language Testing System UKVI Academic and General Training is INR 15,100. The International English Language Testing System exam fees for the general and academic test are INR 14,000, and the IELTS exam fee for Life Skills courses both A1 and B1 is INR 13,940. The pen and paper test is conducted in the presence of an examiner belonging to the IELTS department. You can click here to read more about the IELTS exam date 2021 in India.
Location for IELTS Exam in March 2021
Students can take the computer-based test in any of the centres mentioned on the IELTS IDP India website. There are 65 centres in the country. Some of them are located in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Pune and other metro cities. The test is divided into four sections – listening, reading, writing, and speaking. For the IELTS test in the paper and pen mode, there are lesser centres in India as compared to the Computer-based test.
This article might have given you a clear idea and understanding of how and when to register for the IELTS exam in March 2021. You can register according to the dates mentioned in the article or you can check either the IELTS IDP site or the British Council website for more information about test registration.
If you want to know more about IELTS preparation, courses and techniques, visit the IELTS Ninja website or click here.