Express Entry is the fastest yet the most popular electronic immigration system launched by the Canadian government which helps an individual to get an express entry into Canada. This pathway was installed for skilled and qualified immigrants who want to get their way into Canada.
The Canada Immigration Express Entry Program awards point to professionals based on their skills, knowledge as well as their experiences.
But do you know the different eligibility criteria for an Express Entry Program? Don’t worry, let me help you out through this.
Canada Express Entry Eligibility
All those contestants who have their college or seminary credentials along with some skilled work exposure and high or moderate proficiency in English or French are suitable to apply for this presentation.
Once the applicants qualify for this memoranda, they are preferred on their experiences & expertise.
This performance only governs applications for three economic immigration programs:
Federal Skilled Worker Program
According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), applicants are assessed based on the federal skilled worker points. These points are based on a number of factors:
- Skills in English or French Language
- Educational Qualifications of an Individual
- Work Experience
- Presence or Absence of a valid job offer that they might have/had
- Applicant’s perceived adaptability to live in Canada.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
According to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), all those applicants who have applied on the basis of the Federal Skilled Trades Program must fulfil the following criteria:
- They must have a minimum work experience that is required by the individuals
In this case, they must have a full-time work experience of at least two years & they must show expertise in performing the duties for an eligible skilled trade outlined by the NOC, i.e., National Occupation Classification
- All the Language Ability Requirements must be met by them
Applicants must either have an offer of full-time employment for a full year minimum or they should be certified in their skilled trade by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.
Canadian Experience Class
To be eligible under the CEC, an individual must have a skilled work experience of a minimum of 12 months in Canada, with proper authorization, within three years prior to applying for a CEC
Individuals must satisfy the language ability specifications with a benchmark of at least seven for NOC 0 or a Canadian Language Benchmark of at least five for NOC B jobs, with results proven by a CIC-approved language test.
Now let’s move a little forward to learn how Express Entry Points are calculated?
Canada Express Entry Points Calculator/ Calculation
According to the Comprehensive Ranking System, candidates are ranked for their immigration to Canada on the basis of their Express Entry Points. These points are given based on the following categories:
The maximum number of points an individual can be awarded when it comes to age is 100 points. These 100 points are granted to an individual who has a spouse or common-law partner.
In case, if someone doesn’t have a spouse or a common-law partner, he/she will be bestowed a maximum of 1100 points.
- Level of Education
There are different criteria based on which these entry points are awarded to an individual considering their level of education. These are
- To an individual with Less than secondary or high school equivalent – 0 points are conferred
- 30 points are granted to an individual with a secondary school or high school equivalent
- 90 points are awarded to an individual having one-year post-secondary program credential
- 98 points are granted to someone with a two-year post-secondary program credential
- 120 points are allocated to someone having a post-secondary program credential of 3+ years
- Similarly, if there’s someone with a Master’s level university credential that is listed at NOC level must be granted a maximum of 135 points.
- Official Language Proficiency
Language Ability is split into four subcategories:
The maximum number of points awarded to an individual for each sub-category is 32 or 34; based on whether they have a spouse or common-law partner to live with.
- Second Official Language
For Second Official Language Proficiency, the maximum number of points being allocated are 22 or 24; depending upon whether they have a spouse or common-law partner or not.
- Canadian Work Experience
In the case of Canadian Work Experience, the maximum points that one is awarded are 70 – to someone with a spouse or common-law partner, and 80 points are awarded if in case they are without any spouse or common-law partner.
There are certain calculators that help an individual to estimate his/her CRS score, which is used to rank their profile in the Express Entry pool.
But before calculating the scores, it requires an individual to check their eligibility for the same. And if you’re eligible to apply for this program; you can use the calculator to count out your scores for the program.
Let’s now turn towards knowing the maximum points for the Express Entry Candidates.
Canada Express Entry Maximum Points
The points for Canada Express Entry are based on a number of factors. These are:
- Core / Human Capital Factors
The Canada Express Entry Points for this determinant are provided according to If you have a spouse or common-law partner – A maximum of 460 points are given for all the factors.
And if somebody is there without a spouse or common-law partner – A maximum of 500 points are allocated for all the factors.
- Spouse / Common-Law Partner Factors
There are a variety of constituents under this factor based on which 40 points are allotted to an individual. These are:
- Level of Education
- Spouse’s or Common-Law Partner’s Official Languages Proficiency – First Official Language
- Spouse or Common-Law Partner’s Canadian Work Experience
- Skill Transferability Factors
For this one particular section, a maximum of 100 points is allotted to an individual on average. These points are further based on a number of determinants & these are:
- Education and Language Proficiency
- Education and Canadian Work Experience
- Foreign Work Experience – with good official language proficiency
- Foreign Work Experience – with Canadian work experience
- Trade Certificate & Language Proficiency
- Lastly, an Additional 600 Points are Allotted If
- The individual has a brother or sister living in Canada; who’s a permanent resident or citizen of this country
- He/she has some extraordinary French language skills
- Has pursued their post-secondary education in Canada
- Has an arranged employment
- He/she has a PN nomination.
So, these were a few basic factors based on which maximum points are allotted for a Canada Express Entry to an individual.
Now, let’s move a bit forward to learn more about the program details.
Canada Express Entry Program Detail
This program has streamlined immigration for professionals; thus making the process more translucent yet easier for selves. The key details of this program are:
- Because this is an online program, it has no cap on applicants and is open throughout the year.
- This program applies only to the Federal Skilled Workers Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program.
- This program requires an individual to submit an Expression of Interest and implement it as an appellant under any type of job specified in Skill types 0, A, and B.
- A candidate’s profile is evaluated based on points and is placed in the applicant pool.
- Canadian provinces and employers can easily access this pool to find some amazing talents to meet their needs.
- Along with this, the individuals that have the highest points are sent an invitation to apply for a PR.
- Lastly, the number of ITAs that is issued to an individual are based on the Annual Immigration Level
Now, let’s move a little forward to learn about the different draw figures that have taken place till now.
Canada Express Entry Draw
According to research, the largest ever Express Entry Draw that has ever taken place in the history of Canada was the one that took place on the morning of February 13, with around 27,332 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) issued to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates only.
At that time, the CRS cut-offs for these candidates went as low as a record of 75 points.
It was expected that the majority of applicants that were issued ITA points in 2020, i.e., the points last year required a CRS score of around 470 points, enabling them to get themselves permanently enrolled in Canada without a job offer or nomination under a provincial immigration program.
With the above facts being stated all about how one can get an Express Entry into Canada so easily. The most important aspect of this program is that it provides complete and accurate information on how one can get an ITA. From 2019 to 2021, there have been a number of changes in the Entry Draws taken out for this, but it only gets better with your preparation of how to get an invitation from the government of Canada. And for that, this blog has solved all the issues regarding the same.
Hope you find it informative enough & if you have any doubts in mind regarding the same, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.