The International English Language Testing System otherwise known as IELTS is an English Language Proficiency test, usually taken by individuals planning to immigrate English speaking countries such as The UK, Australia or Canada from natively non – English speaking countries. The British Council and IDP jointly manage the IELTS test.
The IELTS exam will take place in February as planned. Most students have been waiting for the IDP IELTS exam dates for some time now and students can view the exact dates released by IDP below.
What is the Significance of the International English Language Testing System?
One question that many students ask about the International English Language Testing System while preparing for the exam is why is the International English Language Testing System so important? The reason is simple. International English Language Testing System is a standardized test, and more than 10,000 organizations globally trust International English Language Testing System. The test is recognized by employers, governments, professional bodies and educational institutes around the world. Governments in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, The United Kingdom and other European Countries use the International English Language Testing System as a benchmark and your score in the International English Language Testing System is considered while processing your immigration request.
What are the Different International English Language Testing System Exam Types?
An applicant can choose a test out of the two options available, the IELTS Academic exam or General Training exam. You can choose the test depending on your career goals.
- General exam: This test measures your English in proficiency in day to day situations. The tests and the questions asked in the General Training test reflect social and workplace situations.
- Academic exam: This test measures the English proficiency needed to meet your academic requirements. It assesses the different aspects of your English Knowledge and evaluates whether you are ready to begin studying.
How to Apply for the Exam?
There are two ways in which the International English Language Testing System test is conducted, the first being pen and paper, and the second is conducted on a computer which is an online test. Applicants can choose to take the test in any format. You can choose either one which suits your preference. You need to choose the test type while you are applying.
You can choose any of the different tests while applying for the exam:
- The training IELTS test which is either paper-based or computer-delivered.
- There is a different test type for UK visas and immigration. You can either choose a computer-based or pen – paper.
- You can also choose any life skills course available on the website.
Step-By-Step Application Process for the Exam
You can either book an International English Language Testing System test online or you can visit the nearest registered IDP or British Council Branch to book a test offline. You can follow the below-mentioned step – by – step process to apply for the IELTS test:
- Visit either the IELTS IDP India website or the British Council Website
- Click on the ‘Register for IELTS’ option
- Select your preferred mode of a test – either computer-delivered or paper-based test
- Select either of the IELTS, IELTS for UKVI or Life Skills test.
- Select your desired test type – General Training or Academic for IELTS, A1 or B1 for life skills or IELTS for UKVI
- Pick your desired test city or location
- After completing these steps you will see a list of dates available and you can choose as per your preference.
- Select the date and time slot as per your preference
- Fill the required details and submit your online application.
- Submit a scanned copy of your passport to complete the registration process.
- Pay the test fee
IELTS February Dates 2021
The IELTS exam 2021 will be conducted all in various parts of India such as Amritsar, Jaipur, Delhi and Mumbai. The IELTS test dates in February are as follows:
- The computer-based test is available thrice daily, for 7 days a week. You need to register for the test at least a week before.
- The test dates for the pen and paper academic test in February is the 25th of February at most centres. The Mumbai and Ahmedabad centres also have 20th of February available.
- The pen and paper general test is only on the 25th of February this month.
The IELTS exam fees for the general and academic test are INR 14,000, the IELTS exam fees for IELTS UKVI Academic and General Training is INR 15,100 and the IELTS exam fee for Life Skills courses is INR 13,940. The pen and paper test is conducted from an examiner belonging to the IELTS department. You can click here to know more about the IELTS exam date 2021 in India.
Location for IELTS Exam in February 2021
Students can take the computer-based test all over India. There are more than 65 centres in the country. Some of them are located in Bengaluru, Chennai, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune and other metro cities. For the IELTS test in the paper and pen mode, there are lesser centres in lesser cities. The test is divided into four sections – listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
This blog might have given you a clear idea of how and when to register for the IELTS exam in February 2021. You can register according to the dates given above or you can check either the IELTS IDP site or the British Council site for more information about test registration.
If you want to know more about IELTS preparation, courses and techniques, visit the IELTS Ninja website or click here.