IELTS Writing Task 2 is the 2nd portion of the writing test where you are confronted with a viewpoint, statement or question and expected to describe an essay in answer. Your essay must be in a formal format, at least 250 words long, and you should try to finish it in less than 40 minutes.
Few students do not decide to structure the essay well during IELTS Essay Writing Challenge 2. However, it is highly critical that you format and arrange your essay on IELTS in order to perform well on the cohesiveness and cohesion criteria of your writing evaluation. By reviewing a well-organized paper, the interviewer will get a simpler approach to your assignment and, as a consequence, you will obtain a great band score.
How to write IELTS Task 2? Read this blog for a detailed explanation.
How Many Types of Writing Task 2 in IELTS?
Popular types of essays can be focused on direct questions, discussions, benefits or drawbacks, solutions, viewpoints, etc. It can differ from one individual to another on the basis of how secure they are with transferring the knowledge they possess. Each type of essay in IELTS Writing Task 2 has a specific layout.
- Read the topic properly and write the essay by taking it aside.
- Try to know why you have that topic
- Mention the points behind your opinion and state logical facts.
- Always support your point with a suitable example.
- Read the topic properly and run your mind fast to pick an opinion.
- If you could not pick a side, try to write something related to the topic which revolves around both statements.
- If you picked aside, think about the statement carefully and mention some main points related to it.
- Think smartly about the opinion and try to give suitable examples supporting your points in the essay.
Advantage or Disadvantage Essay
- In this type of essay, you must understand the topic properly.
- Brainstorm a lot of advantages and disadvantages of the topic. And be careful while using the points.
- Now to support your advantages or disadvantages, you must make a list of examples which can support these points.
- Always be careful while writing this essay. Recheck after writing the essay as many candidates placed some points carelessly in previous exams.
- Start with pondering about some problems for the given topic. Try for at least 3 problems to write about.
- The solutions to these problems must be answered very carefully.
- Make the paragraph in such a way that the problems are in one section and the solutions are in another section.
- Do a thorough revision to not mess the sections up.
Direct Question Essays
- Understand the given question thoroughly.
- Now the second step is to ponder about the views and ideas.
- Try to figure out an answer for each question separately.
- Support your answers with some real facts. Or you can describe some examples which are suitable for that answer.
- Don’t forget to do a quick revision before submitting the paper to the examiner.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics
Topic 1: IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample
A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals to satisfy their various needs, including uses for food and research.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Topic 2: IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample
Government investment in the arts, such as music and theatre, is a waste of money. Governments must invest this money in public services instead.
To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Topic 3: IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample
Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Topic 4: IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample
Developed countries have created many environmental problems in the World, particularly in their contribution to global warming.
Why is global warming a problem?
What can be done to reduce the dangers of global warming?
Topic 5: IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample
The percentage of overweight children in western society has increased by almost 20% in the last ten years.
Discuss the causes and effects of this disturbing trend.
Essay Format Key Tips
Always try to understand the question.
Before you try to answer it, you must know the question. That way, you’ll know precisely what the interviewer is asking for. One of the greatest errors students make is not completely addressing the question, which prevents them from having a score higher than Band 6.
In order to interpret the question, you must first define the form of a question, then recognize the keywords in the topic and finally identify the terms of the directions. This will allow you to understand just what the interviewer expects you to do to the question.
Plan the Answer Properly
Candidates who achieve the highest scores in Writing Task 2 will still prepare their responses for up to 10 minutes. Strategy formulation helps you plan your thoughts and arrange your article before you compose it, help you save time and allow you to create a concise and cohesive essay.
Don’t forget to Write an Introduction
The intro should explain to the examiner what the remainder of the essay is all about and address the issue specifically as well. This shows the interviewer that you understand what you’re doing right away and that you’re helping to write paragraphs to the centre section.
Main Body Paragraph is also Crucial
Here is where you provide the examiner with more information. You do so by mentioning your key points and by reinforcing them with definitions and specific examples.
How to Write a Conclusion in IELTS Writing Task 2?
In your conclusion, you can have a preview of what you’ve said in the whole article. You can give a tip or a lesson to the reader.
How to Improve Your IELTS General Writing Task 2 Score?
Many candidates know they ought to develop their writing skills, but they don’t know how to do it. Check out the tips below to boost your IELTS band score
Understanding the Exam
First, you need to comprehend what IELTS Writing Task 2 is, whatever you are intended to do, as well as how to grant the examiners what they want. This is the first phase and is often neglected.
There is a large number of learning websites, often with inconsistent and low-quality content, so locating a dependable source of information is crucial.
Know Your Weaknesses
If your vehicle breaks down, you’d try to identify the part that created the failure. If you get ill, your physician will run experiments to assess the exact cause of the condition.
IELTS Writing Task 2 is just the same thing. Initially, we need to know why you don’t get the result you need until we can help you learn. But be very cautious, though! You wouldn’t request the average person on the street for health advice, so seek to find somebody who knows exactly what they’re doing and has the skills that can help you do that.
Overcome the Weaknesses
So now we understand what the issues are, we’ve got to fix them. If your sentence structure needs improvements, practice more with paragraphs If there is a lack of your vocabulary, work to fix this problem.
Just as a medical professional will be able to assist you to solve a medical problem, a good IELTS trainer will be capable of helping you solve your specific problems.
Do a Lot of Practise
Practising alone is not going to help you. It’s a vital part of your training, but you still need to get input on your progress if you really want to improve. You’re not going to try to train yourself how to operate without a coach, are you?
Seek somebody who can provide you with honest and positive input on your job. Alternatively, you’re not going to be able to switch to the last level.
By going through the blog, you may have learnt how to write a perfect essay in IELTS Writing Task 2. This section has a lot of essay types with different types of strategies. Whether it is an opinion essay or agree to disagree essay, you must have a quick-thinking mind. On exam day, keep yourself calm and stress-free. This will help you to run your brain more efficiently.