Here is a passage for practicing IELTS Reading Skills. Solve the questions and find the strategy for solving the passage at the end of the page.
Pointers to keep in mind:
- Time is of essence, so make sure you finish solving the exercise in 7 mins.
- Do not take external help, this exercise is to help you evaluate your skills.
- Do not look at the answers section till you have finished answering the questions yourself.
- There are 6 parts to the exercise, all are compulsory.
- Spend the 6 mins finding the answer i.e. allocate 1 min to finding the answer to one question.
- After having found all the answers, fill the answer sheet in the last minute.
Starting Your Own Educational Learning Center
According to research, the private learning and tutoring market is experiencing rapid growth; it’s on pace to become a $100 billion industry by 2017. Starting an educational learning center allows you to get involved with a business trend that is headed in the right direction. Starting an educational learning center also gives you the chance to make a difference in the lives of children every day. Before opening an educational learning center, several steps must be completed.
- Create a business plan for your educational learning center. As part of the business plan, include information about whether you plan on buying into a franchise or starting your own independent business. Evaluate the competition and create some financial projections for your business as well.
- Get the funding you need for your educational learning business. For this process, pursue funding from investors or by getting a loan from a commercial lender. When working with a lender, the money must be paid back at some point. If you bring on investors, your future profits must be shared. Both investors and lenders require a copy of your business plan before they will think about giving you the money you need.
- Find a location for your educational learning center. Find a location that is convenient for parents to drop off their children. For example, locate your center relatively close to a school or a residential area. Get a building that has rooms for several classes, a computer area and possibly a play area.
- Hire teachers or tutors for your business. Hire individuals who have been certified by the National Tutoring Association. This helps lend your institution some credibility with parents.
- Buy the equipment needed for your educational learning center. This includes books, computers, desks, chairs, chalkboards, educational toys and videos. If you get involved with a franchise, a list of necessary materials is provided. If not, buy the materials that you need according to your business plan.
- Promote your educational business. Offer an introductory price or promotion so that more customers sign up initially. Consult with local schools to see if they will allow you to pass out fliers or be mentioned in the school bulletin. Advertising in the newspaper, on the radio and on television in your area helps get the word out about your business also.
Write the correct letter in boxes 1-6 on your answer sheet.
- When creating a business plan for the learning center also consider information about investing in
- A franchise
- Increasing competition
- Starting a new business
- Making new financial projects
- If necessary to get investors to invest in your business then you will have to
- Pay them back at some point.
- Increase funding
- Get a loan.
- share the profits with them.
- When searching for a placement of the education center make sure to find
- A location that is near to a residential area.
- A center that is distant for a school.
- A building that has a few rooms for classes.
- An area used as a computer area.
- For starting the business you will also need to hire individuals who
- have the certificate of the National Tutoring Association.
- Requires the certificate of the National Tutoring Association.
- Are qualified to teach.
- Have a professional degree in their respected subject.
- A list of essential material that you need to purchase is given to you only when you
- Need the material.
- Compile the list.
- Hire a professional to work on it.
- Are involved with a franchise.
- Boost your business by introducing a promotion offer or a
- Introductory price.
- Half price
- Discounted price.
- Concession Price
Strategies to answer multiple choice type questions
Step1: Read the passage.
Read the passage carefully and after reading the passage and the questions, highlight the answers you spotted easily.
Step 2: Spot Keywords
For the answers you did not find, go through the passage again paragraph by paragraph. Underline the keywords you recognize.
Step 3: Before writing the answer
After you think you have found all the answers recheck if your answer clearly addresses the question. Then carefully transfer the answers to the answer sheet.
Answers are: 1 4 1 1 4 1
For more updates on IELTS Exam and its preparation follow us on Facebook.