Environment Essay in IELTS Writing Task 2
The environment genre is one of the topics you can expect in your writing task 2. The essay will focus on different aspects related to the environment. Instead of being overwhelmed, it is better to be prepared. Look through the main ideas and questions that can be expected. Probably, read up a little more on the subject. Most importantly, always maintain a relevant list of phrases, keywords, and observations to add in your essay. It is essential to have a trusted mentor to guide you along with this task.
Focal topics related to Environment
The environment has now become a global concern. Every economy is trying to find a way to secure future generations. The trending topic will require insight and depth as you put your points forth.A few topics you could consider are:
- The impact of global warming
- The harsh impact of consumerism on the environment
- Developing and developed economies and their individual roles in protecting the climate
- The illegal import and export of leather and other animal body parts
- Natural disasters and if there is a way to combat their destruction
- Manmade destruction through nuclear weapons
- Vegetarianism or non-vegetarianism
- Disturbance in the ecological balance
Past and Probable Questions Based on Environment for IELTS Writing Task 2
- Climate change is an urgent issue and it is believed that the utilization of fossil fuels should be stopped and alternative energy resources should be used instead. It is however believed that oil, gas, and coal are indispensable. What is your opinion? Support your point of view with relevant example
- Forests are abundant in oxygen, fertility and animal habitation. The rise of population and consumption has led to deforestation. What are the primary causes of deforestation? To what results may it lead?
- It is believed that the importance given to wildlife by the government weighs higher, and other important issued go unnoticed. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that international car-free day will help in reducing fuel usage and air pollutions. Others believe there is an effective alternative to this. To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
- With growing urbanization and concentration of population in the cities, these places are losing their natural beauty spots. Are there any benefits in protecting these spots? How can this be solved?
- Global warming is one of the biggest threats to our environment at present. What causes global warming? How can we prevent it from growing further?
- Water pollution is now on a rise, recycling is of little help. What causes water pollution? How can we prevent this problem?
- Atomic energy one of the most popular source of energy at present. However, most believe nuclear power is dangerous to human and natural life. What is your opinion?
- Global environmental protection is the responsibility of rich nations and not poor nations. To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
Lexical Resource for Education genre
This will help you maintain a list of phrases, keywords, terms to express observations and trends.
To be under threat: to be in danger of becoming extinct
To be extinct
A threat to the human race
Optimum utilization of natural resources
To strengthen the skills it is essential to practice every day under the guidance of your mentor. Writing can only be polished through consistent practice and IELTS Ninja will ensure you are able to go beyond your capacity to achieve the desired results.