The environment essay for IELTS writing tasks 2 is a nightmare to many students. Aspirants have to write a 250 words essay in approximately 40 minutes. It is very important to maintain the quality of the essay while the candidates must aim for finishing it up within time.
The aspirant has to keep calm, focused and manage his/ her time perfectly to get closer to achieving his/ her desired Band score in the IELTS examination. Good hold on the English vocabulary is also very important for writing great content for the writing task.
The aspirant must be careful enough to avoid any silly mistake or grammatical error while he/ she might try to finish the writing within time.
A Guidance on Environment Essay for IELTS
The environment essays genre is one of the topics you can expect in your writing task 2. The essay will focus on different aspects related to the environment. Instead of being overwhelmed, it is better to be prepared.
Look through the main ideas and questions that can be expected. Probably, read up a little more on the subject. Most importantly, always maintain a relevant list of phrases, keywords, and observations to add in your essay. It is essential to have a trusted mentor to guide you along with this task.
Focus on Topics
The natural environment has now become a global concern. Every economy is trying to find a way to secure future generations or life on earth. The trending topics on environment essays will require insight and depth as you put your points forth. Following are the few topics related to the natural environment that you could consider.
- The impact of global warming. This issue about the environment includes noise pollution, and different other environmental pollution. You can also show statistics here for highlighting the impacts.
- The harsh impact of consumerism on the environment. Here the sufferings of the natural environment can be talked about.
- Developing and developed economies and their individual roles in protecting the climate. Talk about how countries are spreading awareness.
- The illegal import and export of leather and other animal body parts.
- Natural disasters and if there is a way to combat their destruction.
- Man Made destruction through nuclear weapons.
- Vegetarianism or non-vegetarianism.
- Disturbance in the ecological balance.
Also Read: Top 10 Blogs on IELTS Lessons You Should Read To Get The 8 Band
Previous and Probable Questions Based on Environment Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2
- Climate change is an urgent issue and it is believed that the utilization of fossil fuels should be stopped and alternative energy resources should be used instead. It is however believed that oil, gas, and coal are indispensable. What is your opinion? Support your point of view with relevant examples.
- Forests are abundant in oxygen, fertility and animal habitation. The rise of population and consumption has led to deforestation. What are the primary causes of deforestation? To what results may it lead?
- It is believed that the importance given to wildlife by the government weighs higher, and other important issues go unnoticed. Do you agree or disagree?
Some More Questions from Environment Essay
- Some people think that international car-free days will help in reducing fuel usage and air pollution. Others believe there is an effective alternative to this. To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
- With growing urbanization and concentration of population in the cities, these places are losing their natural beauty spots. Are there any benefits in protecting these spots? How can this be solved?
- Global warming is one of the biggest threats to our environment at present. What causes global warming? How can we prevent it from growing further?
Other Important Question on Environment Includes
- Water pollution is now on a rise, recycling is of little help. What causes water pollution? How can we prevent this problem?
- Atomic energy is one of the most popular sources of energy at present. However, most believe nuclear power is dangerous to human and natural life. What is your opinion?
- Global environmental protection is the responsibility of rich nations and not poor nations. To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
Lexical Resource for Education Genre
This will help you maintain a list of phrases, keywords, terms to express observations and trends.
- Emissions; conservation; climate change; solar power
- To be under threat: to be in danger of becoming extinct
- Endangered species; environmentally friendly; fossil fuels
- Global warming; environmental pollution; humanitarian Aid
- Human activities; natural disaster; poaching; pollution levels
- Toxic waste; wildlife conservation; deforestation; save our environment
- To be extinct; a threat to the human race; chemical consumption
- Industrial waste; land mining; environmental policies
- Sustainability; responsible living; ecological balance
- Optimum utilization of natural resources; recycling waste; upcycling
Important Factors to Get Better Score
Understand the Exam Format:
No matter which exam you are preparing for, this part is completely unavoidable. To score better in any paper or exam, it is absolutely necessary to have detailed knowledge about the exam pattern.
More and More Practice:
There is no harm in practising more. Get hold of some practice sets and keep practising as much as you can.
No matter how many creative ideas are roaming inside your head, you must remember not to write too much. Time management is the key to better score here so manage it smartly and write accordingly.
Also Read: How to Improve Pronunciation for the IELTS Speaking Questions? Tips to Boost Your Preparation
Keep the things mentioned in this article in your mind while you are preparing for the exam and keep practising with a timer beside you because as you already might know that in exams like IELTS, time plays a big role. Hopefully, this article will help you in achieving your desired Band in the IELTS examination. All the best!