If you are reading this then probably you have buckled your shoes for the IELTS exam and are looking here and there for resources to study and understand the exam pattern well. Well, your search ends here as here in this article you will be getting all the required resources for writing task 2 related to crime.
Especially if you are looking for resources regarding crime essays in IELTS, then here you are going to get everything you are looking for. So, let’s not waste any more time and check what crime writing task 2 is all about.
Crime Essay in IELTS Writing Task 2
IELTS writing task 2 essays can be on different topics, crime-related writing task 2 is one of those. Let’s have a look at some of the IELTS writing task 2 crime topics. Students have to understand the question and write about it within 250 words.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Crime Topics
- ‘Prisons are an expensive way of making bad people worse’ – To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- In numerous nations, the level of violence is expanding and violations are getting more fierce. Why do you think this is and what can be done about it? – Give explanations behind your answer and incorporate any significant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
- Longer prison sentences can help in a violence rate reduction. Others, however, believe there are better alternative ways of reducing violence. Discuss both views and give your opinion. – Give explanations for your answer and include any examples.
- Instead of putting behind bars, certain prisoners should be made to do community work at free of cost. To what extent do you agree?
Crime Topics for IELTS
- As soon as prisoners get released, they commit further violence. What do you think are the causes of this and according to you what can be the solution?
- As technology is advancing and can prevent as well as solve violence, the violence rate is decreasing. Do you agree or disagree?
- As many countries are witnessing the increased violence rate, there is a belief among many people that by having more police in the streets can reduce the rate. To what extent do you agree?
- There is a belief that women should not work while working in the police force. Do you agree or disagree?
Youth Crime IELTS Essay
- Teenagers committed violence rates are increasing in many societies. They should be punished just as adults no matter whatever their age might be. To what extent do you agree?
- It is often thought that expansion in youth violence can be ascribed to brutality in the media. Do you agree that this is the main cause of youth violence? What solution According to you, what can be the solution?
Topics for Writing Task 2 on Crime
- Alcohol consumption leads to many crimes thus many people have a belief that banning alcohol can be good for reducing the violence rate. According to you is this an effective measure against violence? What can be the other solutions according to you?
- Fixed punishment for all crimes- Merits and demerits of this method?
- According to many, the government should be responsible for violence prevention. There are others who think that it is the responsibility of the individual. Discuss both the sides and also give your opinion.
Crime-Related Writing Task 2 Topics
- One of the biggest problems in the world is violence. There is a belief that there is no prevention. How much do you agree or disagree with this belief? What’s your opinion on this?
- To reduce the serious violence rate in any country, the death penalty is the best way. To what extent do you agree?
- The violence rate is generally higher in rural areas than in urban areas. According to you what is the reason behind it and what can be done to reduce the rate?
Criminal Justice Essay IELTS
- Is there a better way to deal with criminals than putting them in prison? Share your opinion.
- Do you agree or disagree with the fact belief that poverty is one of the reasons behind most crimes?
- As more and more people are making a financial transaction via the internet, the internet violence rate is increasing rapidly. According to you, how to tackle this problem?
- According to you what is the reason behind the increasing violence rate in cities? What can be the role of the government to reduce the violence rate?
Crime-related Vocabulary for Writing Task 2
Following are some important English vocabulary words that students should try to use in his/ her writing task 2 on crime.
- Drug trafficking
- Human trafficking
- Premeditated murder
- White-collar crime
- Juvenile delinquent
- Corporal punishment
- Peer pressure
Vocabulary Suitable for Criminal Justice Essay IELTS
- Extenuating circumstances
- Circumstantial evidence
- Community service
- False imprisonment
Just like any other section of the exam, the writing part is a very important part of the exam as if a student fails to get good marks in this part, his/ her overall band score will suffer. So in order to achieve a higher band score, one must pay good attention to writing task 2 on crime.
For even better results, students can get enrolled in some IELTS classes where they can have a personal mentor for guiding them through the whole process of preparation.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned crime topics for the IELTS exam writing task 2 will help you understand the topics better. You can take these topics and practice writing and while you practice, use the vocabulary because using good and proper words play an important role in getting good band scores.