The second component of the IELTS writing exam is IELTS writing task 2. A viewpoint or statement is posed to you and you will need to compose an essay in turn. The essays must adopt a formal format, have a minimum span of 250 characters, and you must try to finish it in less than 40 minutes or so.
Students always doubt if they’ll be capable of scoring decent marks in the writing exam, but as we’ve been composing since our youth, writing skills are what we are strong at and it is what we are both skilled at. Here are some substitute responses from band 8 and band 9 IELTS writing task 2.
Sample Topic One for IELTS Preparation
Do Children Behave better Physically, Punished or Rewarded?
Children are the country’s hope for a better tomorrow, and a questionable problem is how children must be taught. Several individuals suggest they should be subjected to physical discipline although some say they need continual praise. Such statements, according to me, require a real assessment prior to coming to conclusions.
First of all, there are several benefits to offering kids incentives, gratitude and verbal encouragement, they can have a positive effect on the child’s actions since they learn to realize the importance of positive conduct once they are praised for good conduct and that makes them strive to continue with that.The further they fill with encouraging feedback, the further optimistic they become. Children who’ve been exposed to artificial physical discipline on the other hand, are seen as lacking self confidence. A study of children’s attitudes found that their parents are far more violent and angry than those of their generation when a child is subjected to punitive actions. Assaults can never be fruitful for an infant.
On the contrary, the reality that educating the famous and formidable mindset is a tough nut to break is not to be ignored, since it is accurate that the only rationale for fools is. In addition, often despite getting alerted and disciplined, some kids repeat errors, such form of stubbornness causes caregivers to consider giving them physical punishment. Anyway, excessively love can have a negative impact on kids. Parents get one or two kids in this current situation, and this excessive love distracts children away from their journey and what’s important.
Sample Topic Two for IELTS Preparation
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to keep them alive. Do you agree and disagree with this statement?
Technology is thriving by advancements, and this development is inevitably having an effect on conventional traditions. Some strongly agree that conventional ideals are likely to vanish in this technological environment.
There are several explanations why in this new age, certain traditional ideals had little or no life, to begin with. With that being said, everybody is supported by a cell phone in this incredibly quickly environment to keep linked with their loved ones. In the past, nevertheless, individuals had to deliver letters and wait in the long lines on S.T.D only for a call.
This development in interactive strategies has demonstrated that conventional talents are worthless and have little to no value. Furthermore, the world of luxury has been influenced by new tech Previously individuals used to physically knit, crochet, and draw, and nowadays computers have made any job simpler and convenient.To debunk my opinion, several learners of fashion school have been witnessed representing themselves as models to model photographs to verify color consistency, but this analysis is currently performed on several specialized applications in seconds. Other than this, due to the extreme advent of freezers, no one is seen buying a bottle of cold water.
In conclusion, the development of digital technologies is an evolving phenomenon, but conventional approaches that require time will also not be able to keep track with all these new developments. Thus further, maintaining them is futile and a loss of effort.
2021 Topics Questionnaire Part One to Get Desired IELTS Band Score
- Artists need a certain amount of freedom to develop their creativity. Some people think that artists should have total freedom to express any thoughts and ideas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
- Nowadays, more and more people are having consumer goods like refrigerators and washing machines. Does this development bring more advantages than disadvantages?
- Some people say that older people should live with their adult children, while others think they should live in homes specially built for old people. Which do you think is a better practice?
- Some People Believe That Olympic Games Do Not Belong To The 21st Century Anymore. To What extent do you agree or disagree?
- We live in a world of technology these days. While the internet brings with it clear advantages, the problems in terms of control and security of information outweighs the advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2021 Topics Questionnaire Part Two to Get Desired IELTS Band Score
- Some people think that hosting an international sports event is good for a country, while some think it is bad. Discuss both views and state your opinion
- Many developing countries require aid from international organizations to develop. Many people think that this aid should be financial, while others think that practical aid and advice are more useful. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Computers are becoming an essential part of education. Discuss the Advantages and disadvantages and give your opinion.
- The first man to walk on the moon claimed it was a step forward for mankind. However, it has made little difference in most people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Scientists and technology experts seem to be more valued by modern society than musicians and artists. To what extent do you agree?
- In many families today, both parents work. Are there more advantages when a mother works than disadvantages?
2021 Topics Questionnaire Part Three
- Walking is known to be beneficial for health, yet fewer and fewer people are walking these days? What are the reasons for this? What can be done to tackle this problem?
- In many countries today, crime novels and TV crime drama are becoming more and more popular. Why do You think this? what is Your opinion of crime fiction and crime dramas
- Many people are afraid to leave their home of crime. Some believe that more action should be taken to prevent crime. While others feel that little action can be done to stop crime. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Anyone can use a mobile phone to answer the work call and home call at any place, or 7 days a week. Do you think there are more negative or positive effects on both individuals and society?
- Some people argue capital punishment is a brutal decision and should be abolished. Do you agree or disagree?
2021 Topics Questionnaire Part Four
- More children in developed countries are becoming overweight. This is a serious problem for wealthy countries. Discuss some causes and effects of this problem. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowlegde
- It is sometimes said that people should be encouraged to get married before they are 30, as this is best both for the individual and for the society. Do you agree or disagree?
- Most people think that the truth should be objective rather than subjective when it comes to the news. Do you think all news is true? What is the function of a newspaper?
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s glance at a few FAQs about the IELTS exam now that the sample questions have been addressed.
Q1. Are questions repeated in IELTS Writing Task 2?
It is unclear the conclusion to this. Since IELTS papers are not circulated to the participants after the test, there really is no authorized way to verify whether problems are replicated in IELTS writing task 2, but candidates should look to improve their ability for the test and rank better rather than worrying about this part.
Q2. Do We Write Questions in IELTS Writing Task 2?
The response to this query is no individuals are provided queries or a prompt in the test and they will have to address the topic appropriately. There are various kinds of queries and it would reflect on the process of addressing questions.
Q3. What are IELTS Writing Task 2 Question Types?
There are several sorts of queries that are possible to pose. As stated earlier viewpoints, debate, advantages and drawbacks are normally questioned, however, there is no chance to forecast the exam paper again.
It takes a lot of practising to write the IELTS test, and the second writing assignment for the assessment carries 2/3rd allocation in the overall writing assignment.
Because of the high weightage, it is quite essential to perform highly in this sector. It takes daily training to write a proper response. Continue to learn daily and still aim to strengthen your words and grammar. It is quite essential to keep a check on the grammar and method of writing while answering the question.
Progress can occur at a steady pace, but daily training is the perfect way for the IELTS exam training to produce a meaningful improvement. All the best!