Education Essay in IELTS Writing Task 2
The education genre is one of the topics you can expect in your writing task 2. The essay will focus on different aspects related to education. Instead of being overwhelmed, it is better to be prepared. Consider ideas and questions that can be expected. Probably, read up a little more on the subject. Most importantly, always maintain a relevant list of phrases, keywords, and observations to add in your essay. It is essential to have a trusted mentor to guide you along with this task.
Focal topics related to Education
Education has evolved over the years and continues to remain one of the important points of discussion. It is essential to develop your own perspective on this subject. A few topics you could consider are:
- The rising importance of technology in education
- The relevance of traditional exams in the changing era
- The importance of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for overall pupil development
- The constant focus on technology is taking away from traditional student activities like reading and writing
- The role and importance of a teacher in a student’s life
- Vested interest in science and technology over other subjects by the government
- Professional education v/s Vocational Training
- The negative limelight on education: being overqualified and underpaid
- The correct education methodology of training young minds
Past and Probable Questions Based on Education for IELTS Writing Task 2
- The culture of homeschooling is slowly becoming popular. Although Kindergarten help in developing social skills, personalized training could be better for overall growth. Which do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Online education has become a convenient substitute for classroom training. Many believe it is far more influential than traditional learning. Discuss both views for and against online training and give your opinion.
- Children these days are at their worst behavior. Discipline has become an issue and many believe that grooming young minds is the responsibility of the parents while others think it is the responsibility of the school. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
- Education should be democratized for all. Irrespective of economic standing the students must have access to primary and higher education. To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
- Learning supported by a fun activity with a child can enhance skills and imagination. Some argue that mere activities may reduce their concentration span. To what extent do you agree?
- There is an education gap between richer and poorer countries. The infrastructure, quality of teaching, practical application differs to a great extent. What solutions can you suggest to deal with this situation?
- The dominance of the internet has made it a convenient replacement for books. Some predict that it could replace books as the main source of reference. Do you support or oppose the opinion?
- Are school uniforms still relevant? Many students today have placed importance on the traditional dressing method while others deem it unnecessary. Discuss both views for and against school uniforms
- In contemporary society, everyone should have equal opportunities in education. Therefore, universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Lexical Resource for Education genre
This will help you maintain a list of phrases, keywords, terms to express observations and trends.
Soft Skills Development
Teacher Based Guidance
How to Crack Environment Essays For IELTS Writing Task 2?
How to Crack Social Media Essays For IELTS Writing Task 2?
How to Crack Health Essays For IELTS Writing Task 2?
To strengthen the skills it is essential to practice every day under the guidance of your mentor. Writing can only be polished through consistent practice and IELTS Ninja will ensure you are able to go beyond your capacity to achieve the desired results.