- One way to reduce the problem of traffic congestion is by increasing the tax on private vehicles. Do you think this is a feasible solution?
- In many developing nations, the rush to become industrialized has created major problems with air and water quality. What are the problems that this has brought about and offer some solutions to these problems?
- Some people are of the opinion that there should be a car-free day once every month, on which no private vehicles are allowed on the road. Discuss the advantages and possible disadvantages.
- Populations in developing nations are rapidly growing, people now believe that we should turn to GM crops to increase the production of food grains. Discuss the Advantages and Disadvantages of this approach.
- Some environmentalists have advocated building wildlife sanctuaries to protect endangered species. Discuss the Advantages and disadvantages of doing this.
- Some people believe that it is ok to put the needs of humans over environmental concerns. While others feel that protecting the environment should be prioritized. Discuss both views and what is your opinion?
Reading reference links :
Below are links for your reference :
Common Phrases :
- Environmental problems are becoming very severe in many countries.
- The climate around the world has been changing rapidly over the last decade.
- The burning of fossil fuels releases large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, which leads to global warming.
- Some people do not believe that human’s reliance on fossil fuels is to blame for global warming.
- Deforestation is contributing to global warming because trees absorb carbon dioxide .
- Deforestation is destroying animal habitats.
- The world has a delicately balanced ecosystem, and pollution can damange this.
- The rich and diverse biodiversity of our planet must be protected.
- Environmental pollution must be a top priority of governments.
- Countries need to promote sustainable development in order to protect the environment from further damage.