Through this article, let us focus on IELTS Speaking task .The examiner will take your face to face interview. The examiner will lead you through the three parts of the test:
- An introduction
- A speak up where the candidate speaks for one to two minutes on a particular topic,
- And a two-way discussion thematically linked to the individual long turn.
The candidate gives a short talk towards the end . So, card of familiar topic and several prompts for IELTS Speaking task is given . Then, you have one minute to make notes on what you want to say before speaking for two minutes on the topic given.
So,in this article, an audio is generated as an answer
So, In a recent IELTS Speaking task, following question appeared on the cue card.
Describe an important letter that you received.
You should say-
Who wrote it to you.
What is it about?
Whether it is important to you?
Here, I am putting up a few tips on how you should answer this question
An important letter can be one of the following types:
- A letter from your teacher which was written to you to confirm that you have been eligible for a course or activity you applied for.
- A letter from a school/ college/ university that confirms your acceptance and admission there.
- from an office that affirms that you have been hired for the position you applied for.
- A confirmation letter from an organisation or government office that confirms that your request to solve a problem at your locality would be taken care of.
- from your parents when you stayed in a different city from theirs.
- A letter from a relative that gives the news of a newborn baby.
- one of your childhood friends who you heard for a long time.
Also, For the part ‘why it was important to you’ mention some of the following points based on the type of letter you talk about:
- I was eagerly waiting to know that.
- Also, was so worried about it and after I read the letter I felt so relieved.
- The letter gave me the long waiting news and I was very happy.
- I was enchanted to know that I have achieved it.
- happy to know that …
- could not believe that it really happened and I read the letter a second time etc.
My fellow trainer has made this audio for how this answer should be-
Here, If we look at the audio, we can notice that my team mate fumbled twice or thrice while speaking.Hence, it should be avoided for not getting the marks deduced. So, You can work on these flaws with the help of an online learning material.
So, To avoid more mistakes like this you can also take help from a personal trainer for IELTS Speaking Task. Also, You can record an audio over the question you need to speak preferably .
We also have a free evaluation done by our trainers.Check it out!
We also have a band Predictor for you to calculate your own band. Try it out.